Featured Articles is a WordPress slider plugin that allows you to create sliders in your blog pages directly from your already written content, be it posts, custom posts, pages or WordPress Gallery images.
– Responsive and mobile ready;
– Allows you to create sliders based on Nivo slider by implementing a slider theme compatible with Nivo slider;
– Sliders can be created from posts, pages, gallery images (PRO) or custom post types (PRO);
– Navigation arrows and pagination;
– Multiple slider themes;
– Third party slider scripts implementation;
– Preloading functionality on page load;
– Lots of actions and filters for customizing output and functionality;
– SEO friendly;
– Packed with layout and animation options;
– Various slider publishing methods: shortcodes, widgets, automatic placement, PHP code that can be used in templates;
– Slider themes visual editor (PRO);
– Dynamic areas for fast publishing (PRO);
– Slider caching for faster page loading (PRO);
… and many more.
Sliders can be published in WordPress by any of these ways (or all at the same time):
– manual placement directly into your WordPress theme template files (requires editing the template file you want to place a slider in and add a small piece of code);
– shortcode placement directly into a post or page content;
– widget placement into any widget areas your theme has;
– automatic placement in any page just above the page loop.